Are you looking for more bang for your buck when planning a vacation?
Whether it is some much-needed family time, a romantic getaway or a girl/guy trip, a vacation rental is always a better option from a hotel. There are so many different kinds of vacation rentals to choose from: house, condo, cabin, chalet or even tiny house! Below are a few reasons why staying at a vacation rental is much better than a hotel.
- More space to relax and get comfortable! Did you know typical hotel rooms are only 325 sq ft big? A vacation rental on the other hand can be as big or small as you would like. You get to choose!
- Save money! Most vacation rentals are a much more economical choice over a hotel room.
- You can likely find a vacation rental in any location you desire!
- Most vacation rentals are kid friendly! Depending on the size of your Family you may need to book two hotel rooms, while with a vacation rental you can get a two or three bed unit which means everyone has privacy! Depending on the property you choose, it may provide all those extra amenities ( free of charge) that you will be hard pressed to find in a hotel room, such as board games, bikes, kayaks and videos and so much more.
- Bring your pet! Pets are family too. Many rental properties offer travelers the option of bringing their pet. There will probably be an additional nominal charge but it will be much cheaper than boarding. Always inquire with the owner on their pet policies before booking your stay.
- Enjoy the privacy and solitude of your own space! Depending on the type of vacation rental you rent, it may include a private pool, a hot tub, private balcony/patio, etc.
- Free Wi-Fi to stay connected! Many homes are equipped with free Wi-Fi, depending on their location. Hotels typically charge for Wi-Fi (one of the many up-charges hotels incorporate into a stay). And for those folks wanting to totally unplug and get away from it all, owners are offering to remove all the modern technology (TV, Wi-Fi, etc.). Just ask! Could you imagine asking a hotel to do that!
- Be in the know and get the local scoop! Most often the owners of vacation rentals want their guests to have a true local experience. Many owners are eager to share their insider tips on the areas best restaurants, activities and must see places to visit, while hotels will likely provide tourist traps.
- Access to free laundry facilities! Not all vacation homes have washer and dryers, but most do. If a washer/dryer is important to you, be sure to confirm with the owner when booking your vacation. Having easy access to on site laundry facilities can save you money (no need for coins), time and the convenience of packing less.
- Your whole group gets to stay together! In a hotel, your family and or friends will be spread out among many rooms on different floors. In a vacation rental you typically have the variety of sizes to choose from. You can choose a large enough rental so that your whole group gets to hang out together whether in a kitchen, living room, deck or balcony. Always confirm maximum occupancy with the owner.
- Cook at home! Most rentals provide a well-equipped kitchen. This is definitely the more economical choice (especially when traveling with kids!). You choose how much to eat in or out, while at a hotel, you have to always eat out: breakfast, lunch and diner.
Looking for the perfect Marco Island Beach Getaway?