The Best Things to Do on Marco Island For A Girls Vacation Getaway!
Staying a Marco Island vacation rentals is a great way to celebrate a girl’s vacation getaway. Did you know that in 2019 the Bureau of Labor Statistics recorded that there were 768 Million U.S. vacation days that went unused? It’s time to get a move on and start packing! A girl’s trip is a great way to get some away time. We have plenty of vacation rentals on Marco Island that will make for your perfect getaway.
Whether you have a reason to celebrate, for instance, a milestone birthday, anniversary, or just some good old fashioned girl time there is a Marco Island vacation rental here for you! We’ve got it all! Our rentals vary in size, so it’s no hard feat to find the perfect island retreat for your group.
Now, I know getting a group of people to choose a location and an itinerary can be like herding cats but we’re here to help. Finding the perfect spot for your group of gals can be easy with just a little bit of research!
You can find a variety of activities for the ones that want to relax, or the ones that want an adventure. For the homebodies and the social butterflies. And of course, the coffee lovers and foodies will find delight all over Marco Island with our local eateries and beachfront restaurants!
So don’t let those necessary vacation days go to waste and book your girl’s trip now in a Marco Island Vacation Rental! It’s time to get planning and packing.
Starting with the Most Important Meal of the Day – Let’s Satisfy Everyone’s Hunger with the Great Restaurants on Marco Island
For breakfast, Doreen’s Cup of Joe is Marco Islands’ premier breakfast spot! Locals and visitors alike live for Doreen’s Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes and Cannoli Stuffed French Toast. We are hearing great things about Marco’s newest restaurant, Smith House.
For lunch try out the Little Bar Restaurant or Zaza’s Mexican Kitchen! Little Bar has delicious seafood and American cuisine while Zaza’s description is right in the name – Mexican food! Celebrate Taco Tuesday and don’t be afraid to try their pizza. It’s truly delicious!
If you have a handful of picky eaters don’t you worry–DaVinci’s has vegetarian and vegan options amongst their vast menu of Italian dishes. Homemade pasta that melts in your mouth, and seafood that is to die for make sure to add DaVinci’s to your list of places to eat. Plus, who doesn’t love pasta and pizza?
Make sure you stop by Sweet Annie’s for dessert (they have more than 40 flavors of ice cream)!
I hope you don’t think I forgot, we’re talking about a girl’s trip to Marco Island. No girl’s trip is complete without at least ONE Brunch. The best Brunch places in Marco Island are Petit Soleil, Sami’s, and Mangos. Now, I know Sami’s is a pizza place by name but it does have one of the best Brunches on the Island! And Petit Soleil will satisfy that French Cuisine craving that you might not even know you have.
There is a variety of vacation rentals on Marco Island that have full kitchens! So if you’re not looking to spend a fortune on eating out, although these Local Eateries do need your support and would greatly appreciate your visit, then you can cook for yourself. Decide how you plan on eating the majority of your meals on your trip and pick the rental that best suits your needs!
Now That Everyone is Fed and Happy, It’s Time to Find The Best Things to do on Marco Island
You’re on an island – so let’s discuss all of the things to do on the water, or in it! If you are a group of adventurous girls that is.
- Sightseeing and Sunset Catamaran Tours are a great way to see the waters and of the Gulf of Mexico, Hideaway Beach, Keewaydin Island, and Rookery Bay. Make sure to watch for seabirds and dolphins on your small cruise. They offer morning, afternoon, and sunset rides!
- The 10 Thousand Island Boat Tour is a great way to get up and close and personal with Marco Island’s wildlife! You’ll learn about Floridian history, sea life, and you’ll see life living in its natural habitat! You’ll even have a chance to snorkel, swim, and find rare shells on a remote island.
- Drive your own 2 person Catamaran on this one of a kind boat tour! If you’re anything like me then you enjoy exploring on your own. This is a great way to get a bit of both!
- Rent a Jet-Ski and have some fun in the sun bombing around the bay! You can rent your own or go on a dolphin tour with Avi himself! He truly loves his work, and his passion is contagious! There is no other tour like it on Marco Island.
- Explore the Mangroves by paddleboard or kayak! You can go for an overnight camping excursion, explore the eco-tour of the mangroves, paddleboard lessons, or even a personalized adventure tour! Marco Musketeers is the best choice for exploring in an eco-friendly way.
If you’re a group that is too afraid of the water or gets sea-sick easily then try some of these land-bound things to do on Marco Island that you and your girlfriends will love!
- The Marco Island Trike Tour is one of the most fun ways to explore the island. The Trike’s are motorized and easy to use (great for the whole family). You can sit or stand! Come explore the historic Marco Island on these smooth and stable steeds that are easy enough for anyone to use.
- The Guided Bike Tour of Marco Island is a more active way to see the island (in case you’re missing your cycle class while you’re on vacation)! This is the best way to sight-see and gets your workout in while exploring the historic Island. You can even just rent your own bikes and explore on your own! No need to grab a car when you can bike your way around in the hot Florida sun!
- This one includes the land and the water as it’s just a simple trip to the beach! You’re on an island! Just grab a picnic and head down to Tigertail Beach, Marco Beach, or Marco Island South Beach. Enjoy the sun and the sand!
For Those Days When You Need a Break from the Sun
We realize that we are in Florida, and it rains sometimes. But that doesn’t mean you’re stuck in your rental all day! There are some great indoor things to do for you and your girlfriends as well.
- Spas on Marco Island. There is a myriad of spas on Marco Island. With so many to choose from you can find the perfect spot for you and your girls to get your nails done, facials, and even massages! Make sure to check out the extensive list and don’t forget that you’re on vacation! It’s the perfect time to pamper yourself and relax.
- If your group is into learning about the area your visiting don’t forget to swing by the Marco Island Historical Museum. Take a tour or wander around by yourselves and explore the vast history of this remarkable island. Before the Europeans came the Calusa were thriving upon Marco Island (and around the Ten Thousand Islands) for the past 4,000 years! It’s a history worth exploring, that is for sure.
- Now, rain typically hits the hardest during the summer months, and almost always in the afternoon. So plan your outdoor excursions for the morning time. Once the afternoon hits, head in to eat some delicious lunch, pamper yourself or head to the Marco Island Center for the Arts. They offer events, classes, and workshops!
- Last but not least is the Esplanade Shoppes are a great place to get some good retail therapy in. They host shopping, dining, and entertainment right in Smokehouse bay which is an Italian-style coastal village. Even if shopping isn’t your thing, you should wander through the Esplanade. It really is beautiful and overlooking 1,100 feet of waterfront and a 77-boat slip marina!
Annual Events That Aren’t To Be Missed
There are several annual events that you should plan your visit around!
- The largest to-do here on Marco Island is the annual Marco Island Seafood and Music Festival! It is 3 days of delicious seafood, and great live music. Make sure no one has a seafood allergy and come on down in March so that you don’t miss this wonderful event. Support local businesses, the rotary clubs, and your seafood craving!
- If you’re planning on taking a holiday trip don’t forget to check out the Marco Island Christmas Island Style Boat Parade! On December 12 watch the boats sail by decked out with holiday lights and decorations (Island styled of course). The best spots for seeing the parade are on the Esplanade and the Snook Inn. It’ll give you all of the Florida style holiday feels. View the boats from the deck of your private Marco Island house rental.
- Make sure to head to Naples, a short drive from Marco Island, in April to head to the Artcrafters Fine Art & Craft Show. From paintings to pottery, from jewelry to stained glass the Artcrafters annual event is something to behold! Come browse in awe of the beautiful work being done here in Florida. Plus, you can support local artists so that they can continue to practice their crafts!
Are You Ready Yet?
Hopefully, this has helped you plan your Marco Island girl’s vacation! Be sure to check out our vacation rentals on Marco Island and enjoy everything that this sun-soaked heaven has to offer! From history to wildlife, to sightseeing, shopping, boating and just enjoying the beautiful weather. Marco Island just might be the perfect place to have a great girls’ trip!